Ethylene gas (C2H2) is an odorless, colorless gas that exists in nature and is also created by man-made sources. As fruits, vegetables and floral products mature, ethylene gas is released into their packaged environment. In many cases, perishable products (such as fruits, vegetables and flowers) are sensitive to ethylene gas and can ripen or mature quicker when exposed to ethylene gas. In addition, certain fruits and vegetables are high producers of ethylene gas thereby creating the need to separate, ship, or store produce based on their ethylene profile.
Dry Pak’s line of ethylene absorbing sachets, filters and films allow shippers of ethylene producing and ethylene sensitive goods to ship and store product without the fear of premature ripening. By removing ethylene from the storage and shipping environment, growers and shippers can reduce spoilage thereby increasing their profit.
- Ethylene Absorber Packets & Filters
- Ethylene Absorber Films
Ethylene Absorber Packets & Filters
Ethylene Absorbing Packets and Filters extend the shelf life of fruits, vegetables and flowers in a packaged or bulk environment. Made with natural occurring zeolites, these products remove unwanted ethylene gas through the oxidation process, thereby ensuring the quality of freshness of the product while in transit or in storage.
Ethylene Absorbing Packets and Filters can be used with a wide variety of agricultural products, including: apples, kiwis, bananas, avocados, onions, citrus, fresh flowers and many others. Ethylene Absorbing Packets are available in three sizes: 5,10 & 30 grams. Ethylene Filters are available in 3 lb. and 9 lb. sizes. These products can be placed in direct contact with all types of boxes produce or floral commodities.
- ELIMINATES decay, mold, discoloration, wilting, softening, scald, loss of crunch and many other negative effects caused by ethylene gas.
- Use during Post-harvest handling to slow down the ripening process of fruits, vegetables and flowers.
- Use during domestic and international shipments traveling via ocean, truck, rail and air.
- Non-toxic, chemically inert, can be disposed of as normal waste.
- Tyvek® is FDA approved, non-dusting & non-tearing (packets only).
Ethylene Absorber FIlms (Peak Fresh®)
DPI offers a complete line of PEAKfresh® Carton Liners, Sheets, Pallet Covers & Storage Bags are used to maintain the freshness and extend the shelf life of many kinds of fruits, vegetables and flowers. PEAKfresh® films contain a mineral that removes ethylene gas. By removing ethylene gas, the shelf life of the produce is increased substantially.
- Available in all standard and custom roll,
bag and liner sizes
- FDA approved for use with food, produce and flower products
- Easy to use and compliant with all packaging methods
- Provides a quick, easy and cost effective way to absorb unwanted ethylene gas